Friday, July 30, 2010

Do Teenagers that start smoking cigarettes do so because cigarettes taste good or because it is forbidden?

I started when I was 11. I have no idea why I started; I wasn't depressed at the time. I think I gave into peer pressure but the challenge of getting a pack was always quite exciting, I often found myself wriggling with delight.Do Teenagers that start smoking cigarettes do so because cigarettes taste good or because it is forbidden?
Cigarettes don't actually taste good until you're addicted. When you first start, you do it to fit in or b/c your friends do it or to rebel against your parents.





I did it because I saw people around me smoking and thought it would be fun. I also started the very day I turned 18, so I guess it may have been a way for me to show that I was an adult.





I told myself that I would quit at the 2 year mark. So much for that. Almost 2 and a half years later, I am looking for ways to quit, but its just so darn hard!Do Teenagers that start smoking cigarettes do so because cigarettes taste good or because it is forbidden?
They certainly don't taste good! Kids usually first do it because they're curious, but there are all sorts of reasons. Anyway, once they get the hang of it, they find that nicotine is enjoyable and makes them calm and euphoric. Then, at some point, they may get hooked and be unable to stop.
I personally started at 14 because I was in that stage of rebellion. I continued to smoke right up until a little over a year ago. I am now 21 and only smoke when I drink every once in a while.
Everyone is different. I started because I loved the sensation of smoking, not just the taste.
Because they are stupid.
they maid probably they think its call ';cool';?

No comments:

Post a Comment