Friday, November 25, 2011

Is youth group a really good place for Christian teenagers?

I would like any answer and any source you can give me for something to present to my father.Is youth group a really good place for Christian teenagers?
Yes definitely. You can enjoy a lot of fun activities, meet lots of nice people, and learn about God!Is youth group a really good place for Christian teenagers?
It has its pros and cons. One of the major bonuses is that it helps give a teenager a group of peers to hold them accountable for their actions as well as a steady group of friends to be there when they need them.





A negative thing that I experienced in youth group, and it was a major factor in my leaving it behind altogether, is that teenagers are always comparing their strengths against one another and this situation is no different. One girl would say I was backsliding because I didn't come one week and the same girl was snorting chemicals. Kids tend to think they have, like, God's Holy Finger attached to their hand, and they point it at others for their weaknesses when they shouldn't.





I found this to be really discouraging and it made me self-conscious. Anything that leads an already self-conscious teenager to feel worse about them self can be sort of a detriment.
As long as it is a Christian youth group with appropriate supervision.


So, who runs it, what job do they have, are they responsible? What activities are going on? When and where are the activities? Who do you know that would go with you? Why do you want to go? Why not consider these questions and pray about it. If you are still feeling positive about it, talk with your father. I've heard good things about the Christian Young Life group.
I currently attend LDS Seminary every morning, as well as a LDS youth group on Wednesdays. It's a very positive thing for me, and helps me stay on track throughout the week.





I'm sure all Christian youth groups no matter what denomination are a positive thing. They'll often have you get involved in the community, and might give you the chance to study the Bible as a group.
It depends on the group, naturally, and the leaders of that group. If the BIble is clearly taught and followed, yes. If the leaders think youth group is just a club for Christian kids to have fun so they don't hang out with the wrong crowd, it's no better than chess club (or whatever) at school.
It is only good if the spirit of God is with you. If the Lord's Word is not being studied or practiced, you give yourselves unto mischief of the heart and body, you give yourselves unto worldly desires and not spiritual desires. Care nothing for the things of men but rather the things of God. Trust in Him for He will be with you unto the end.





May the Lord bless you and keep you always.
In most cases, yes! It's good to get out with some kids who have something constructive on their minds. If you have a good youth leader, you might be doing some good work in the community. My girls used to love youth group. They'd come home with the best stories of the fun times they had delivering groceries to old folks, going on some trips just for their own fun, outdoor stuff. It was great.
I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends who were in a youth group; I was sort of a hanger-on. We had parties, took trips, and just had a lot of fun. I don't regret any of it.
I was forced into these as a teen and I wasn't impressed. There weren't talks or debates about religion or religious texts; all I saw was the youth pastor going out for smoke breaks and teens to hook up and screw around in the empty rooms.
For me it is. I heard some other youth groups and i get very different opinions about each one.
No. You kids should be out there doing drugs and having unprotected sex.
YES
depends on whta they are doing...but in general yes it can be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment