Friday, November 25, 2011

Why do all teenagers appear to look the same?

Why has the mall become the only place to shop for teenagers? I have never understood it. Why would you buy something that millions of other people are wearing? I thought the idea was to look interesting not the same as all of the other teens. Do any of you like thrift,vintage or homemade clothes?Why do all teenagers appear to look the same?
It's an unwritten rule - the majority of teenagers look like the majority of their peers, like they're wearing a uniform. Not all, but most - there are teenagers who don't go for the stereotypical, cookie-cutter look. That rule is true no matter what generation of teenagers you're looking at.





Thrift/vintage/homemade clothes can be great. You have to know what to look for, and what looks good on you.Why do all teenagers appear to look the same?
Check it, the coolest place for me to ';shop'; for ';new clothes'; is goodwill...You can find awesome stuff for hardly any money. I have tons of people ask where I found _____. I do it because I enjoy looking like I don't have to wear the newest, best clothes, and people (contrary to popular belief) don't think that you're ';trashy';...they think you're original. Also, I think $40 bucks for a shirt is pathetic, as is $100 bucks for a pair of jeans (of course Levis are only about 50-60...still laughable).





Have fun.
Well, the same for here is if you shop at


A. Wal-Mart


B. JC Penney's or Goody's


C. Hollister, AE, Aero





I live two hours in opposite directions from a mall of any sort. Most people enjoy going to the mall south of here, but I like the one north. Not only does that city have more malls, but they have stores that aren't found in the southern mall. And I don't shop at any of the stores listed above, so I don't have that problem of wearing the same stuff as anyone in my school.





I'd love to shop at vintage stores, but I don't have a clue where to find them at. Vintage here is yard sales and bad 8o's clothes.
I love thrift shops and altered clothing!


I couldn't live on Goodwill alone, mind you... everyone needs some staple items (like an awesome pair of jeans, nice slacks, etc...) that you can pair with other items. This is one reason I shop at the mall, to get the fits that are close to impossible to find at a thrift store.





Unfortunately, today's society gives the impression that one needs to stand out to fit in... so all the people who've been following the trends before this piece of news flocks to the nearest Hot Topic to pick up the loudest color shirt in the store. Ironically, all the other kids have the same idea. Now, we have a neon, black hair, skinny jean enshrouded crowd roaming the world.





I'm with you, mate.
Hah, I agree. kind of.





But some teenagers do look unique and have a very good sense of style. Their not all Hollister. They are influenced by friends and that's how they dress too. I love the store Sidecca, which is only in California. It has a lot of unique styles so you will never see someone with the exact same shirt as you do.





Flea markets and thrift stores arent popular places for teens to go, probably because they dont know when and where they are and have a different view on vintage things.
And i though i was the only one thinking exacltly the same thing!!I was at the shopping center just last week to get pic taken with my and my daughter (i am 31)and i was sitting down on a bench looking at the girls in general...they do all look the same,same style,same hair...it's like they want to copy each other to be cooler...when i was 15 or 16...originality used to prevail.It's funny how the world has changed...even the guys have 2 or 3 style and that's pretty much it...emo,skater...they all have thier hair long in the front with kinda spike on top...when you try one you tryed them all...there is no more flavor...everything is vanilla!!
WELL REALLY EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT


%26amp; THINK ABOUT THIS....


YEAH ALL THE SAME CLOTHES ARE AT THE MALL


BUT PEOPLE DRESS IT UP DIFFERENTLY


THEY MIX %26amp; MATCH THINGS %26amp; PUT IT IN A WAY THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE EVERYONE ELSE....BUT THATS ME.


VINTAGE IS CUTE


BUT U HAVE TO GO TO THOSE STORES TO FIND IT


ITS NOT THAT EASY TO DO THAT EVERY TIME WEN U HAVE A MALL THERE





SO THATS JUST IT


:]


HOPE U UNDERSTAND A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT I MEAN
Because when theres a ';popular'; store everyone shops there. Therefore they all look the same.


It's alot easier to just buy clothes than make your own. i do know people that make their own clothes.
My girlfriend (14) looks COMPLETELY different from anyone in her whole school district!
they dont look the same to me im differen im a original but they might all look the same cuz they have the same style ans try to portry that image....preppy... emo..girlie girl...
I'm 15.. i used to buy american eagle holister ect ect ect... but i thought about it.. why be a robot... i need to stand out


so i did that
i love vintage and i cant sow but im going to make a tutu
and where would you find thrift or vintage clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment