Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can teenagers convince their parents to get a horse?

My parents almost thought about getting me a horse but then it just slipped their minds.How can I get them to get me one?How can teenagers convince their parents to get a horse?
Well first things first, do you live in the country or have a farm in your area that you can keep there? If you live in the city, well your parents do have a point. Think about all the costs, care and time that you would have to provide for your horse? What if your horse becomes sick or injured, do you have the money to pay a vet? Would you have the money for a farrier to do your horses shoes every month?





Do you have other commitments other then horse riding (like school or sport)? Would the horse have a companion (even if it's not your horse) to play with?





email me back please!How can teenagers convince their parents to get a horse?
I think that by the time you're a teenager, you need to go to your parents with a plan in mind. You need to research all the costs, logistics, etc., then tell your parents what your responsibility in the whole thing will be. Obviously the work involved should be your responsibility, but what about money? What can you commit to paying for on a regular basis? Farrier care? Lessons? What? Even if your parents are in a position to pay for everything, I'm sure they'd like to see you taking responsibility for something you want.





If I were the parent of a teenager who wanted a horse, I would expect a well thought out plan, not just ';mommy, I want a pony';.
it probably didn't just ';slip their mind'; - parents are good for those sorts of things :P





with that being said, why not work hard and get your own?? my parents certainly never bought me a horse....in fact as much as I have half ownership of a horse currently, I got it for free but by working hard and helping his ';actual'; owner out around the barn. I am past my teenage days and have just completed college and have just begun a full-time job. I've worked hard towards my goal of one day owning a horse and it's pretty much the only way to go about it.
you need to make money and help out i am 17 and i hate all the people i know whose parents pay for everything i mean from one payind 4500 for a good horse to another pating 100,000 for a horse shipped from france(vet horse and shipping included in tht ammt) it just really bugs me im on my 3rd horse and i have a goat and dog my parents not once gave me these things i earned it, i worked for my last two at a rescue ranch there i had: 1 dog 1 cat 1 hen 1 rabbit 1 duck 2 horses and a goat yes all mine! i worked my butt off to pay for them at 13 years old. i now got my gelding for free and work to pay for board





i know that came off rude but parents do not have to or need to pay for a pet for you when anyone can do it on there own you can get side jobs when you are 7 i did.





im sure if you show youre parents that you will atleast help they might have a better chance of going for it





but good luck
Show that you're responsible enough to take care of one, by way of taking on a job at a barn, cleaning stalls or exercising horses (do you know how to ride?)





If they say no, you can lease a horse from someone else.





I don't know if you can ride or not, or are just a horse dreamer....the trouble is....you're a teenager and that means you might be thinking about going away to college soon...even if you stay home and go to college....life has a way of getting in the way of caring for a horse (which is a job in and of itself....making time to ride and care for the horse even if you're going to board).





There's also all of the money involved:


vaccines


feet care


tack


food


board


daily care


etc...





If you ACT responsible....like....do chores without being asked. And take your folks to a local barn to check out some leasable horses. That might help your cause.
They will either get you one or they won't. You can't force them. Sit down and talk to them about it. Answer their questions and discuss how much it will cost and how much time you have for a horse. If they say no, that's it. You will have to wait until you are an adult.
You can't GET them to do anything. Just ask them, but present it in the right way. Talk to your instructor and have her/him tell them that you are doing well and ready for your own horse and maybe they will get the idea....
well the main reasons for not getting one is the money, space, and maintanence. if you can reason with them and let them know that it won't be a huge responsibility, or a massive waste of money, then you have a shot.
This article helped me!





http://www.wikihow.com/Convince-Your-Par鈥?/a>
thatd be cool.but im a dude.so i dont wanna get a horse.lol
ask them nicely. start with good facts.
why not try to volunteer at a local stable?
  • makeup tutorial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment