Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do teenagers always want to dress exactly like their peers?

I think it's really annoying. Everybody actually WANTS to shop at the same places and buy the same exact things. What is wrong with having individual style?





And people who try to be individual go to the extreme and decide to look scary (emo, scene, etc).


What is wrong with teens and fashion these days?Why do teenagers always want to dress exactly like their peers?
People want to ';fit in'; and not be singled out as a freak or someone that doesn't belong. It's like they expect to stand out while dressing the same because they want their ';same'; to be better than another person's ';same';. Do you get what I'm saying? Yeah, it is annoying. Sadly, that's most of high schoolWhy do teenagers always want to dress exactly like their peers?
It's not WANTING to shop at exactly the same places, it's not having a variety of places to shop at. There isn't anything wrong with having individual style, and if you really think about it everyone has an individual style of their own. Something someone wears someone else might not wear, or they might wear it just with different colors, styles, accessories etc. I don't think that anyone who dresses 'emo' or 'scene' as you like to call it is deciding to look scary. It's a personal preference, and it's what they personally prefer. No ones asking you to like it, all that matters is that you personally like your own style. So really? I don't think there is anything wrong with teens or fashion these days.
Teens deal with being individuals differently. Some feel like they need to fit in, some feel like they need to stand out, but the funny thing is they all look alike. Preppy, Hollister, and cutesy kids even scene, emo, and goth kids want to fit in, they all wear the same things too and they even make fun of those who are different from them. I think they make fun of each other because they have nothing else to talk about.





I think the people that really stand out are those who don't care what others think(like legit don't care, they don't pretend to not care, they really don't) and wear a different style everyday.
I am a teen myself. This question is really simple. Most stores sell very similar clothing. If you want to be fashionable, then you buy clothes that are in style. I guess its a matter of fitting in but its also a matter of looking good. I know people who add their personal style to clothing but there is absolutely no need to want to be the ';different'; one because consequently that is how you will be treated.
I'm not really sure. I ask myself that every time I see kids at my school talking about a certain pair of jeans or pair of shoes. And in the end, they end up having similar styles. Personally, I could care less about what other people wear since it's their choice. I dress the way I want to dress. I don't understand why they have to go around dressing the same as everyone. Maybe it's because they're afraid to be different. If I could, I would actually go around parading in Lolita fashion, but I can't since there are no stores in the US that sells it. It's pretty much self explanatory when you think about it.
I think there's nothing wrong with people who go to the extreme to look like an individual. They just want to show everyone that they don't want to look like the rest of the world.


People who wear only Abercrombie, on the other hand...


I have an individual style... I'm 14. I shop at places like Urban Outfitters, Free People, Forever 21, ect... I really don't want to look like everyone else.


So it isn't all teens.
Why are you asking this question? What does it have to do with you? Don't you have something better to do?





Questions. Questions. Questions.





Maybe they think it's cute so they go out and buy it? Idk.





But it's people like you who bring people down. Let them live their life. Copy people for all we care. Just live your life not caring what people think of you and stop judging teens.
Because all stores tend to sell different variations of the same thing because they usually only sell whats in style at the moment so its hard to be an individual without going overboard (scene/emo)... because no matter where you shop a bunch of other people are going to be wearing the same thing with only little variations in the style...
I agree. I also can't stand when teenage girls go out and buy an Abercrombie tshirt for 50 bucks just because it says ';Abercrombie'; on the front. I mean, seriously, it's really low class to have a store's name or brand written all over a tshirt.





I'm 15 and have learned to dress myself.
they fear that if they stand out then they'll be rejected by the peer group and not have any friends.





and those people that try, (scene emo) aren't actually trying to look different as they are just copying other 'scene emo' people that they've seen on the internet.
sad isn't it?


thank god im not one of those!


thats why i like to shop online


people always want to know where i buy


my stuff so they can buy it too


i never tell them


hehehe


what i dont get,


is to ';fit in'; to what?


im a teen and i dont even understand it


its very sad


they need attention from someone im guessing
Well , not necessarily .


I hate to look like other people.


I started paying attention to fashion more this year , then I have in prior years.





Also the fitting in thing ... wouldn't you rather blend in with other people than get singled out and made fun of ?


Blend in...
I don't dress like my fellow classmates, and I don't dress extreme. Im one of the few people at my school that has an individual style, I love urban outfitters, high waisted skirts, dresses, feminine clothes.
well... lol the emo thing or scene. i am the only one at my school out of like 900 im the only one that shops at hot topic and is a scene im alone at it but i have friends. I feel unique about but everyone has there opinions
It's a wanting to fit in thing. Everybody does it, it's not just teenagers. I've seen adults do it, and teenagers have been doing this since at least the 1960s.
nobody wants really to be singled out, so what's wrong with looking like everybody else. i see nothing wrong with it.
Because if they wear what everyone else is wearing they can't get picked on for that.
I guess because they want to fit in... I don't get it at all though. I love coming up with cool, pretty, and different outfits for school.
good question ..


i guess cause they want to fit in and be like everyone else and not be seen as different or unique.


x
because they want to ';fit in';

No comments:

Post a Comment