Saturday, August 21, 2010

How many people do you think are really teenagers or non-parents posing as parents?

Do you think there are more phony people on this board that meets the eye who make up everything from their job title to how many kids they have?





Just curious to know what others think! Thanks! :)How many people do you think are really teenagers or non-parents posing as parents?
I'm 19 and not a parent, but I'll come out and say it. The thing is, sometimes there needs to be an objective point of view where someone can understand the kid's side of things with a more mature thought process behind it. I'm sure there are plenty of fake people and if anything looks like it was written by someone illiterate, just ignore it. Chances are the people who can't bother to use spell-check are the same ones who can't be honest about their lives.How many people do you think are really teenagers or non-parents posing as parents?
Most people because most kids do this to talk with friends and thier parents don't care what they do.

Report Abuse



There are some. Most of them, as others said, are easy to spot. Most teenagers forget that most adults dont use text speak on here, so that is a dead give away for many ';parents'; that are really teens looking for someone to validate how they feel.





I think some of the inconsistent info under differernt qs are people who are just pondering different scenarios. People tend to give different answers if they think they are talking about a real situation rather than something hypothetical. And, sometimes, adults on yahoo answers as a whole are quick to dismiss the people who openly admit they are teenagers.





I tend not to worry about it. I figure that even if the q is a troll, (unless its just crazy) there is someone out there reading it in the same position, so I give valid answers. I do get froggy sometimes and call the people out, but usually only when they are being obnoxious.
I think there are a substantial number of people pretending to be something they're not, but that most of them don't do a very good job at it and it's usually pretty easy to spot them. Often they're asking the first question ever posted under an account, or else they have totally inconsistent information posted under different questions.





It's fine by me as long as they're not being offensive about it. It's not like I'm coming on this board looking for a date or anything. I'd hope that everyone takes much of what is said here with more than a grain of salt.





eta -- I'd just add that, as carrie pointed out in a question recently, any of you could be totally different than what you represent yourselves to be ... and I really wouldn't care as long as your q%26amp;as were still interesting and thought-provoking. The interesting thing about this medium is that it's truly only the ideas that matter, not the identities of the people stating them.
Oh, I think there is at least one who lies about her job. We both know who that is. I'll keep quiet about it, though, lest I adopt yet another troll.


There are a few others who are clearly trolls. Annamariah or whatever she calls herself is a huge phony. Her kids' names kept changing a few months ago, and now she claims to be raising her two or three kids (the number changes every other day), her niece and nephew, and 21 foster children. Yes, you read that correctly - TWENTY - ONE foster children!


Besides that, she allegedly found a baby in a ditch a few months ago, and she adopted it like three days later.


Finally, I'll give you one more hint - there's a new girl floating around with a baby named after an animal. If you haven't figured it out already, you will soon. Kind of sad that these people have to make up fake lives, isn't it?
I think there are fewer fakers than most people seem to think there are. Unless an answer or question sounds completely and totally off the wall then people need to hold back on the accusing. It's gotten so ridiculous...in practically every question at least one person is called a fake.





However, it doesn't take a genius to realize some of these questions and answers are coming from fakers or teens who want to answer but don't think parents will take them seriously given that they are teens and not parents themselves.





But there's not a lot we can do about it.
I agree with Desmeran. It's pretty easy to spot the phony people. Sometimes I question a few but don't know for sure. It doesn't really bother me aside from I hate to waste my time giving advice to someone who asks serious questions about fake children and then probably go off to a high school dance while I take the time to answer their fake question about their fake children.
Yeah. probably.


But you know what? When I read an answer, I read it for face value. Since I am never going to meet any of these people, I don't really care WHO they are or aren't. I only care what the typed words say.


I will admit that the familiar names do tend to get my attention a little more only because I have learned I either like or dislike their opinions.


But overall, it's all just words and if they aren't who they say they are, so what?
There are alot of fake ppl on her and crazy ppl too, hence why i have changed my name and cleared ALL but 1 of my contacts, i had almost 100 contacts and had had enough of the lies and cr#p that alot of them were giving me, i relied on this site for alot as my daughter grew but have come to realise you really cant trust too many people on here......but saying that i do know there are alot of really nice, great, helpful mothers on here that have become good friends you just have to sift through the sh#t i think :)
not really, i mean that'd be silly, i'm not out to impress anyone. just like answering and asking occasionally. i have a short attention span so i generally don't write long answers. plus most intelligent people do not follow advice given on the internet by strangers. i hope people have more in their lives than fabricating an identity on yahoo answers! hahaha
I think alot of people on here are fake. Probably almost half of them. I honestly don't understand what people get out of pretending to be someone else. They must be very lonely, very bored or mentally disturbed.





I'm real. Johnny's Mommy and Aaron's Mommy can verify as they are on my myspace and see who I am.








ETA: When I say half are fake, I mean everyone on Y!A, not just P%26amp;P.
Not sure. Haven't really given it much thought. Usually, Im thinking about whether or not i agree with what the poster is saying or if they have something to consider. Teenager or nonparent if they have a point, they have a point. That's kind of the way I look at it. I try and take it with a grain of salt.
Who knows. I'm 17 but I always be myself never pose as a parent. Some of the people who say really rude things in their answers that claim to be parents, I kind of hope aren't really parents because I'd feel sorry for their children. But who knows. You never know who anyone really is on the internet.
I know people make fake internet identities, but I think it's mostly 38 year old men pretending to be 18 year old girls. Not a teenage girl pretending to be a mom with 4 kids. I mean, who pretends to do that?
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think THAT many people are complete phonies. I mean, you can spot a troll pretty easily. The people who are genuinely helpful though, I believe them to be honest about their experiences.
Okay Okay.. you got me.





My hands are tied. The evidence has been gathered....





I am really only 12.Okay OKAY FINEEEE I'm 11 and a HALF. What can I say??














Really, though.. yes I think there's a few. I have my suspicions.
I honestly never think of it, I'm here to pass the time with answering questions for fun. My job isn't to be CSI and determine who's fake or who's real.
I do sometimes, but I have also found that the ones who are for real give good responses, as with all things in life you have to take the good with the bad!!
I hate to even think about it! I try not to analyze it too much b/c then I feel dissappointed in this whole site. I try to just concentrate on the good and the people I know are real.
Too many to mention i would think ...come to think of it i have never seen so many people claiming to be having triplets in one place ....and all on Yahoo Answers, sad really !
I think their are several, maybe fewer than we think there are. Who really knows?
I don't know but some people sound a little fake...but you never know. I just know that I'm not :)
hmm... that's something that i've never really thought about. i guess we cannot trust everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment