Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do teenagers put holes in the wall when theyre angry?

Its a strange,annoying phenonemon. Any arguement with a teen can end with them nicking off to their room and leaving a hole in the wall. It doesnt take much strength to do it, so i dont see how it can relieve much frustration. Why do that?Why do teenagers put holes in the wall when theyre angry?
Causes:


Hormones


uncontrolled anger


Swirling emotions


teenage turbulence.


My eldest brother and I were famous in our family for putting holes though walls and slamming doorknob into the wall and making holes. I've even chipped a few plates by banning my fists on the counter cabinet we hold our daily dishes! :)


As for why we have done it and occasionally still do it?


For teens they are going though soo much and probably have a hard time coping on a daily basis . Remember it's tough being a teen. All that energy and hormones going off and such.


Teens don't always know how to cope or when to let it out so they probably bottle it up till they come home. they you ask them to do something or try and engage them and they fire off to their room. It's gotta be tough (lucky you!)


All I can say is talk to them. NOT about their behavior but about what is causing that behavior? The behavior is a symptom of some of something else that is hurting or upsetting the child inside so he/she is hitting a wall not because of your or just because of you but because they can no longer keep it in.. As weird as it sounds is a good behavior because better holly walls than bruised schoolmates!


If you can find out what the problem is and LISTEN to him/her and than after having them talk you impart your parental knowledge and touch them some how not too mushy, and tell them that anytime they need to talk to you, you are available but pounding on walls is something that is not appropriate at our home or anywhere. They can scream they can cry and when they are ready they can come and talk to you.


You need to try to fix their behavior by not correcting it right as it happens but changing it slowly by talking to them about the right and wrong ways of expressing and letting loose their emotions. That of course is the reason why you're getting those holes. Right now they are unable to control themselves or come to you to talk to you about what is bothering them. As you teach them by talking to them the way I described hopefully they will learn and WON'T HAVE to punch holes in the walls


Hope this helps


good luck!Why do teenagers put holes in the wall when theyre angry?
well many teens I think hit the wall to get there anger out even like you said the wall is not the thick it still lets out steam. I think the do that because the really need to let it out and they well try to stay away from people so that they wont hit the person.
well me being a teen myself and happend to do thata week or so ago...idk...it was the only thing around me at the time. I knew it would break with out me gitting hurt. I guess it just is reliving than someone telling you to calm down and chiil out!
They hit walls to avoid hitting you,or whoever they are mad at.


I've seen adults do the same thing.
it helps i guess....i dont know...i did it once and thought it was kindof dumb as soon as i relized what i had done. lol
that may be their only to relieve stress
Cause yourself pain to releive from stress.
If anyone punches a hole in the wall or hits things they have many anger management issues and need to see a therapist.
we are not stupid...we dont have issues...it's just something we do...i have lots of holes in my wall and it is becasue if we hit people...we get in more trouble then we would from hitting our wall...and it does give...which doesnt hurt as much as punching a tree or a pole or something....just dont make us mad and we wont put holes in our wall..or tell us to stop doin it...cause if we did it...that means you didnt tell us not to at first...and by the time you did...it was to late..(just wen threw this last week with my mom)
That is funny. I htink it is not just teens. I have done my fair share of hole punching, and it lets off alot of steam. I have punched holes in doors, walls, windows and tryed to punch a car once. I am 24 years old, and some say it is an anger management thing, but I also have two kids and have never even spanked them. (non-spanking mom) I think it is simply satisfying, something breaks and steam is let off. Dunno
It means that they have so much anger inside them that it bursts out. My teens haven't done this, but when my daughter was about 12 she had a few temper tantrums that left holes in a couple walls. Thank goodness we are past that stage.
When some people get mad, they want the feeling of hitting YOU, but they know they cant so they hit the wall....
not just teens poke holes in wall, but its a way to relieve themselves of anger.
being a teenager, i've punched walls and even kicked the walls in my house, but they're strong walls and i haven't even made a dent in any of them.and no i'm not weak. but just to let you know, its either a person or a wall. we just need to erupt once in a while. but if it happens in a daily basis, then you need family counseling, or maybe its just disipline issues.
i hit many holes in walls, broke my knuckles many times hitting much harder things.


i always thought it was better than hitting my mom, right?
I am a teenager, and I don't do that. I don't think many people do put holes in their walls.
it either punch a wall (which doesnt really hurt) or punch a desk which might break your hand.
In reply to what someone else said: Teens are not stupid, if your an adult you were once a teen yourself, don't go saving that teens are stupid.


-----------------


Anyways, I can only guess why some teens punch holes in walls when they're angry (as a teen myselfg, I haven't ever done that). It could be because they wanted to let their frustration and anger out on something and the wall was there, so they punched a hole in it.
were you never a teen .. or what





this question is pointless








its obviously to relieve frustration like you said, you answered your own question
Would you rather them break you, or the wall? Sometimes, it's hard for people to take out their emotions without doing something physical. At my house, the walls aren't very soft, and therefore are harder to break, or dent.





Thankfully, the only real damage they do while doing this is a hole in the wall, which can cost quite a bit of money to get repaired.
hmmm....well as a teen i think its because we dont know what else to do with her anger cause remeber---we have hormones and cant think properly.
giv the kid a dildo
why ? well i am a teen i have never done that. well in the future when i have a son or daughter and they did that in my house i would slap them in the face and make them fix the damages. i would say this is due to lack of respect to their parents and should learn to control their anger
they want the attention and will do anything for it me little sister does it she says if she hurts herself then the parent will feel sorry for her and think its all there fault
teens are stupid, but maybe they are smart enough not to punch something that wont give, and end up breaking their knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment